Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Someone, please just shoot me.

Really, that is what I thought while I was sitting on the couch yesterday unable to will myself to stand up, walk to the kitchen and get myself some ibuprofen. I have Strep. Again. I had it last fall and didn't even know it for several days. This time, again, no fever, no vomiting, just a wicked sore throat that hurts when I swallow. Then yesterday morning I woke up with a plum bulging out of the right side of my neck. Oh, wait, no ... that was just my swollen glands! My joints ached, my skin hurt, my head ached. So I called my doctor ... he said "strep" is my middle name after the test came back positively positive. Great. I forgot to ask for a shot of penicillin, so now I'm taking the long way around to "wellville".

Ibuprofen is a miracle drug. If I forget to take it every six hours, I start feeling rotten again.

That's all I can type. I have to go lay on the couch some more. It beckons me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Crissy:

I am so sorry you are sick. I feel for you!!!! Do you like tea???? If you do, try some with honey and lemon. It soothes the throat. I have had a sore throat for a week and half due to allergies and the tea makes my throat feel better. Its not a cure but its like ibuprofen you have to do it often.

I hope you feel better soon.

Crissy said...

My mom advises doing the exact same thing! :)

Really!