Friday, August 06, 2010

Buttons

There's a story here. Did your mom or grandma have a container of buttons? 

 

We have one. Although it lacks character. It's a ziplock plastic dish with a lid. Dishwasher safe, recyclable, and stackable. My grandma's buttons were in some sort of clear jar that would be considered "antique" today. My buttons lack character, as well. They were a "lot" that I bought off ebay for about $10 a little over a year ago. They serve their purpose in our house, though.


This child got up this morning, made her bed, got dressed, then pulled out the buttons. There seems to be some sorting by color going on. Oh, I feel for her. What on EARTH is going to happen to all those buttons that don't fit neatly into the red, orange, yellow, green, blue or purple cups?!? I'm sure she'll figure something out. I didn't give any feedback on this little project, except to confirm that she DID plan on picking all those buttons up when she was done, right?


What's this? Little piles of buttons. There seems to be a pattern here.

Apparently the whole goal was to COUNT the buttons. Kind of a round about way to get to where she was going, via the color sorting, and all, but hey, that's how she rolls. Piles of ten. So pretty, like a rainbow.


518, in case you were wondering.

And yes, she did clean up when she was finished. Without even being asked.

4 comments:

Betty and Mickey said...

That's MY girl!

Leandra said...

I need to get some kind of container for our buttons -- ours are just lying randomly around the house.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Holly is adorable! Love that little sweetie!! I am now officially caught up on your blog--as if I didn't know what was going on with you :) Hope life in SC is happy so far. Tell the kids hi for us!!!