Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chicken Cacciataco

A new recipe for you! Six ingredients! And you probably already have (or should have!) them in your pantry/freezer. A side note: every time I try to type "pantry", I inadvertently type "panty". What does this mean???

2 tsp. seasoned salt
4 chicken breasts
1/4 c. (or less!) oil
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1/4 c. water
1 16-oz. can tomatoes

Leave the chicken breasts whole, or, if you really want to live a little - cut it up into bite-sized chunks. (Did you know that chicken is easier to cut up when it is still just a little bit frozen? Yes, I have time to hover all day until my chicken reaches the perfect state for cubing.) Heat the oil in a skillet. Toss the chicken and seasoned salt in a bowl until the chicken is coated. Brown the chicken on all sides. Drain. (If you don't use the full 1/4 cup of oil, there won't be much to drain! What a concept!)

Add everything else to the skillet. Cover and simmer 40 minutes (or less, if you're pressed for time). Serve over spaghetti, rice or on tortillas. John likes it on tortillas, with cheese and taco fixin's. I like it tossed in a big pot of spaghetti. The kids like to eat the tortillas and spaghetti plain while I sob quietly over why they won't eat what I cook unless it's meatloaf

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sweet! Another recipe! I love quick, simple, things you already have in your pantry, recipes. I think you may have inspired my next post. I think I'll post my 6 can Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, and link to your blog about your quick simple recipes too. Did I just get you blogging again??? Keep it up, I'm reaping the benefits. :) I also love the updates on the fam. Hope all is well!