Saturday, January 13, 2007

Keep your clothes on, already!

I have a friend whose daughter became so obsessed with "getting naked" during naptime that she finally started using duct tape to secure her diaper. Every day at naptime she would wrap duct tape around the child's diaper to keep her from taking it off and smearing poo all over her crib. Eventually, the child learned to go get the duct tape and bring it to mommy before she put her down for her nap.

I think we are headed toward duct tape.

Mitchell has been having trouble settling down and going to sleep at night. Which then causes him to be sleepy about lunchtime each day, because he stayed up so late the night before. So sleepy that as he's sitting in his chair eating lunch, he starts saying to me, "Mommy nap?" Then I put him down for a nap and he sleeps 3 to 3.5 hours! Then, at bedtime he can't go to sleep and the cycle starts all over again.

At bedtime tonight, apparently the insomnia set in and he decided to amuse himself by getting his shirt all wet. I'm not sure how, but probably by taking a sip of water from his sippy cup, then letting it run out of his mouth and all over his shirt. So, I change his shirt and put him back to bed. Fifteen minutes later, I discover that he's stripped himself down to nothing but a diaper and is trying to get said diaper off. Arghh!

So I put him in "zip-up" jammies and safety-pinned the zipper up. We'll see if it works. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

No comments: